There are both expensive updates (like siding, roofing, and windows) and there are cheaper DIY projects you can do (taking care of your lawn, landscaping, front door, planters, lighting, windchimes). You have to decide what works for you and your budget.
"If all your remodeling is on the inside
If you follow me on Instagram or Pinterest, you know that I am still very interested in Tiny Homes. I thought my interest would wain, not yet surprisingly.
Maybe its my Type A personality and sense of order or maybe the ask of keeping track of inventory to be so time consuming (this gets so much more intense with kids!), whatever the reason, I am still drawn to Tiny Homes.
Clearly its not realistic to have one before kids are out of the house, but when empty nesting happens, Tiny Home here I come!
So....what would I need to do to make a Tiny Home a reality? I find myself looking around my house and thinking of what I would keep and what would go. A lot would go clearly from 3500 sq. ft. to 400 sq ft.....but what?
- my closet will need to be addressed again. I follow Project333, but need to continue to stick with it.
- we love books. rather than buy, we need to use the library more.
- kitchen 'tools' keep only the ones used weekly!
4) Don't listen to the critics, its your happiness, not theirs.
A few things that we need to address still:
1) cars--we live in a cold climate, a garage is not mandatory, but sure is nice!
2) weather safety--tornados. where do you go when those happen?
Long story short, we think we will still want a garage with a root cellar type of basement for safety.
I am amazed at the varieties of things available for a Tiny Home....I prefer metal frame vs. wood, and closed cell spray form insulation vs. batting....I can get an R-6 per inch! Becuasse really, its does get HOT and COLD in Iowa.
When we are out visiting family in Ft. Collins, we are going to check out MitchCraft Tiny Homes. So excited to be inside a tiny home, for real!
Hi, I am Summer, real estate agent in NE Iowa. This blog is about life, of which Real Estate is a part of. Happy reading!